Thursday, June 25, 2009

Self-distraction at work

Fabulous Rebecca Rose has put a very important issue on today's curriculum: Hot dudes allowing themselves to let go. For women who regard their work outs as sacred (ok, that goes for me, not so sure about RR) this is a crime of the most severe variety.

http://rebeccarose2004.blogspot.com/2009/06/hot-guys-i-want-to-d-oh-no-not-again.html

To punish the guys in question and make up for the crime to the victims (drooling women, that is, represented by yours truly and mentioned RR plus a whole load of others, I am sure), I suggest a world-wide internet campaign for a 2010 remake of the Top Gun movie. Female bloggers, unite! Or let us at least campaign for a 2009 remake of the volleyball scene, which is, come to think of it, the only part of Top Gun I have bothered to see more than twice anyway... Ok. Drop the rest of the movie. Let's have a volleyball scene remake. And make it a more diverse one, to cater to our tastes. I suggest one Viking, one Black man, one Latino and one Asian, all representing the best of their ethnicity, and to make sure they'll do, I think I should pick the two former and let RR pick the two latter. And then Team Lady and Team RR can play volleyball for a couple of hours straight. Ah, if straight women ruled Hollywood...

Hm. In role of the Viking I suggest Swedish actor Mikael Persbrandt, Norwegian actor Aksel Hennie (he just have to put on some more muscle first) or, if he agrees to grow back his Lord-of-the-Rings hair and beard and associated muscle strength, Viggo Mortensen. Alternatively, we could let Viking blood be Viking blood and go for Daniel Craig. (With those eyes, I am sure he’s got some genes from the other side of the Northern Sea anyway.) Eric Dane, if not a Dane for real, probably would be a good choice, too. Idris Elba could be his sparring partner. Or Tyson Beckford. Tyrese Gibson would be perfect. Or Isaiah Washington, or Dulé Hill, or Chiwetel Ejiofor, or D.L. Hughley, or Shemar Moore, or Blair Underwood, though I wish I had thought of that before that eye operation of his. Plastic surgery does not make a man more of a man, dear - you'd be better looking if you let yourself mature the way you're meant to. But that does not, by any means, allow you to go the Val Kilmer route!!!

6 comments:

  1. What about Alexander Skarsgård??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, yeah, forgot about him. Definitely qualify for new Iceman, but I suspect he'd have to put on some more muscle first to pass my audition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many athletes could do, too, I suspect, but I am not totally up-to-date on those... Happy for more suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More muscle? I can't remember what he looks without a shirt, but I keep thinking he was pretty buffed up in Generation Kill (or am I thinking of someone entirely different)?

    Don't athletes, would not be a fair competition. Though, perhaps fairness of the competition is the last thing on your mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you're right, I didn't see that one. Gotta go google some images now, I suspect... But if you tell me he held/hold the same standards Val K held in the original Top Gun, I'm good. Any less than that, and The Lady require him to work out some more... May be of easy virtue, but that easy, she is not.

    ReplyDelete