Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Buying tips? (I need a new vibrator...)

This is embarrassing, kind of. Embarrassing and a chance to make fun of self at the same time, and as I have decided to not care about embarrassing in this blog, here it goes:

I need a new vibrator. I just broke my old one last night. No, I am not going to tell you how. For one, it's not as interesting as it sounds. I was by myself, and I didn't break the shaft of it, I broke the part where you put in the batteries. Second, I have no idea how it happened, it just did, and I am unable to repair it. It's not as if I want to go to the nearest maintenance tool store to ask the local handyman to help me. (Come to think of it, maybe that is just what I should do...)

This is not exactly an urgent crisis. Yes, I am out of town in a nothing-happens-location for a bit, no handymen or other men in sight, and yes, it would be nice, had it worked. I use orgasms as means to go to sleep, for the time being, and getting my sleep is the main objective of being where I am. But I do have two others, plus ten working fingers, so I'll manage. That said, this WAS my favorite vib for one specific (and most important) use. It was the thickest and the longest and it was rubbed just the right way. Looking almost real, save the color (and color has never topped my list, come to what I look for). It was a little not-that-flexible, but ok. You have living men for flexibility, and a substitute thing is never more than a substitute.

But. If there is a substitute thing a little bit bigger than my last subsistute thing AND a little bit more flexible too, now is when I want to know. Alternatively: If there are, in this world of toys, a substitute thing working and feeling and looking almost as good as the real thing, even better.

So please give me suggestions in the comments field, if you have input on what to buy. I am sure the babes at Babeland can help me find a good one when I get back to the City, but I find it easiest to know what I want, get in there, get it, get out again. I may not be AS liberated as I think, but I do know so many people in that neighborhood I don't feel like going long-time-shopping. Plus I may have to get this somewhere else, where I can't expect staff to be as great as the Babeland babes, as I will be staying out of the City for a little while, and I do like to have access to restorative powers wherever I go.

So, input, anyone?

3 comments:

  1. Depending on how long you are going to be at ... wherever you are, you could probably order online. Don't have links handy, but could give you a few suggestions once I am home.

    Oh, Babeland is ridiculously expansive IMHO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a few links as promised.

    Used these two and had no complaints so far:
    http://stockroom.com/
    http://www.extremerestraints.com/home.html

    Found these links in my favorites/bookmarks, but don't remember ordering from them:
    http://www.xtoysboutique.com/adult-sex-toys/
    http://www.sextoysmadness.com/
    http://vibratorshopping.com/

    This is just something I found a while ago - has to be the most expansive vibrator I've seen:
    http://www.lelo-usa.com/luxe.html

    This one is supposed to be "green," found a few months ago, but did not have a chance to order them, though would like to at some point:
    http://www.eartherotics.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=featured_products

    Also, not what you are asking for, but look up "Delight" by Fun Factory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For super real feel cyberskin, but for lasting power and hygeine pure silicone is king! I lov emy glass toys too and they aren't all too expensive these days, but I couldn't tell ya much about vibration, not being too big a fan myself.

    ReplyDelete