Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I am a moralist

I am a woman fucking around. I am also a sexual moralist.

Despite the fact that I am this very moment located on the Other Side of the Atlantic, I can hear my regular readers rolling on the floor laughing right now. But you will understand what I mean once I say what I am now about to say:

My sexual morals is not about a having a double set of moral standards. Nothing is as dishonest as a double set of standards, and one should always apply the same rules to sex as to the rest of one's life.

Read this week’s Sex Diary in NYMag, and you will see an example of a person who does not:

http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2009/07/the_small_business_owner_with.html

My comment to her, posted on NYMag already, shortened down for my blog readers (full comment on page 5 of NYMag comments:

I get the impression she sticks to this BF for two reasons: She doesn't think she'll find anyone better than him (because she has herpes), and she realizes he is after all a good man (he stuck to her despite her disease and cares enough to argue with her).

But she takes advantage of him and she does not respect him, and she shows him CLEARLY she doesn't, by visiting dating sites AND telling him she does, by leaving him alone on the phone when they're having a serious convo/quarrel AND by writing a Sex Diary based on their relationship despite his expressed dislike that she does.

What will kill this relationship is a STD more lethal to relationships than Sexually Transmitted Diseases. Sexually Transmitted Dishonesty & Sexually Transmitted Disrespect both kill faster and are more infective than the STDs one can actually live with.

--

My PS, only posted here:

Why on earth should another set of moral standards apply to your sex life than the rest of your life?
Why on earth should you pretend to be another person as a sexual being than who you are as a human being?
And why on earth wouldn't you be a whole person, the same person wherever you are and whatever you do, rather than a compartilized person acting a different role for every part of your life?

Personally and professionally, psychologically and physically you are ONE.

With my clothes on, I believe in honesty, integrity, respect & freedom. I believe in enjoyment and generosity.

Without my clothes on, I believe in honesty, integrity, respect & freedom. I believe in enjoyment and generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment